7.27.2006

Biking to Heaven.... concluded?

Do we ever really arrive? Are we ever really at our destination....?

Storms blew through tonight and cancelled soccer. Also, the outing to see Lady in the Water was presented and nixed almost in the same phone call. Sad. I still haven't seen it. And the reason I really shouldn't have done either of those drove past me as well!!! I was on the way home and Brickerville got a major call (probably an accident) and Tara past me on the way home! I wasn't ready at all- dang it! So, yes, I'm on call all night tonight. Floyd Landis, doping?? HA those french are really sore losers!!!

But back to biking. So, while on this bike ride, I have this epiphany- almost of Saul-to-Tarshish variaty except not. But I believe it was divinely inspired. It compared each of those examples in my bike ride to the Christian walk (or ride if that helps you). At the risk of spelling out the obvious, I'll just point out some of these similarities. Coasting downhill? Ok, that's obvious. Doesn't help ya much. If my Father knows the route, as long as I'm on it, He WILL pick me up. I need to be prepared to go the distance though, not live till I'm 35 and hope He returns by then. Sitting and waiting by the road? Well, think of all the scenery, all the growth you miss, all the other 'bikers' you can influence...Dangerous intersections? Know the right way to go and always be alert. There's someone out there to steal, kill and destroy after all...Not taking water? You should always have nurishment. Sure, you don't need it for a few days but after that, it's a slow painful, path to death- ask Terri Shiavo, wait, you can't. I didn't mean to go there. I guess, it actually is like Pilgrim's Progress. Shoot, it's not original. But heck, the bike parallel spoke more to me where I am at. Besides, that explains how Paul Bunyan wrote it in prison- he refused to stop by the side of the road because his bike 'broke'. (were you paying attention? :-)) THIS ties into my post a few days back. I am sick of riding at a non-chalant pace. Others may, but I want more than that. I don't want them to be able to convince me that nonchalant is ok, or even better. No, I'm pressing toward the goal. That will be the reason, I will never bike the 7.75 miles to camp without trying to beat my current record of 30:15.

It wasn't meant to be such a self advertisement; hopefully, you got something out of that......

Ok pet peeeves for another time....but a new one is when pictures won't upload for no known, obvious reason!



~ET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home