4.01.2007

Movie Review: Shooter

Shooter was an absolutely amazing movie. My cousin was right. It was the perfect guy movie. Someone thought it was better than the last James Bond movie and I think he's right. Here's why: I did not leave that theater feeling 'guilty' (despite a wee bit of vigilanteism :) or unedified. War and self defense is one thing, but extra or pre marital (or even some marital) lovin' is too much of a hollywood plague that this movie avoided well. They didn't even kiss, yet they got involved enough for it to be a great romance (In my opinion). The only regret I walked away with was that there weren't enough scenes with Kate Mara or Mark's cabin home in them! Overcomable. The opening camera shots were totally great, wisked me right in to a place I wanted to be. Granted, I know they were probably mostly cgi, but I bought it and I wanted to be that guy. It was a good bit like the Bourne Identity and James Bond but different. They almost overdid the F word, but at only 8 or so times, and used as the swear word it is (not as an overused adjective as it is in some), it was easier to ignore. Yes, there were some implausible points but if I can get lost in the movie as a character and really enjoy the outcome and how it comes out, (haha) that is a good movie. 4.5 or A- Don't want to say I recommend it, though I rarely see movies twice in the theater and this one will probably be an exception.
~ET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home