9.14.2006

Review: Mimic

Mimic-ing sci-fi horror movies before it, Mimic is mediocre at best. Mira Sorvino tries to save the world looking cute. Succeeds with the first, fails with the second. Oddly, the movie was intense enough to keep me interested. What happens next? Surely, this character will be eaten by the bug. Maybe it's been that long since I've seen a good flick....Anyway, the sad part about this movie (there are several- this was the worst) was that the producers tried to use the F-word to make it cool. Not that an F-word can ever make a movie cool, but this one especially not. It was TOTALLY uncalled for- forced, over-used (they didn't use it extravigantly, but the one scene with 5 or so was rediculus- think of a word with more letters at least!) There were actually a few jump scenes and the movie was intense and fairly scary throughout. Predictable, but intriguing. Never mind, the heros save the world after a 'savior' gives up his life for them. And the death count is high- half the meager cast. The length was only 100 minutes too, so not too much of a bad thing.
It certianly was more entertaining than Legally Blonde II which I'm ashamed to say I ALSO watched (forgetting that I had seen it before). Now, I remember vividly WHY I forgot it, and will NEVER see that one again! The whole premise of the movie based on rights for gay dogs? DOES IT GET any stupider- besides the fact that it was SO bleepin' blonde??? Yes, to mimic the words of my sister, "I feel much dumber after watching that movie."

I'll go read a good book now....
~ET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home