2.23.2007

Chicago

Chicago, SO not what I thought. I knew it was a musical, but somehow my innocent self was thinking along the lines of Music Man or My Fair Lady...That's a no. OH there was song and dance alright, but it was sensual and fairly rediculous. Sure, it probably took some skill to choreograph that, but it was most un-inspiring. The story threw me for a loop because I was expecting something like what I hear Dreamgirls is like. I'm baffled at how this movie won so many awards! Queen Latifah?? She wins best supporting actress for her, what, 3 scenes? It was slightly disappointing that you can't even fastforward the song and dance without missing some story too, they kept cutting in and out. So, once I found what the story was going to be, it did grab me into watching it, but it was a pitiful movie, and I didn't really like the subtle something I took from the end of the movie either. I give a don't bother- even Catherine Zeta Jones can't save this one.
~ET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home